This is going to be a really quick whistle-stop post on my MUST HAVE products. The kind of products where if I’m leaving my flat for more than 48 hours you better believe they’re coming too. Let’s jump right in …
- She’s full of essential rose oils and leaves my skin buttery soft. The perfect first cleanse that gets off a full face of makeup with no residue and no drying, easy on the eyes (literally) and my skin has been nothing but happy since having this in my life. 11/10 would (and have) trust as an only cleanse.
- An American find that I now source through amazon, a gel-based cleanser that resurfaces my skin and leaves it clean and glowing, surprisingly natural considering the results. I’ve repurchased many times and will continue to do so until I find something else that works this well for less than £12, the perfect everyday cleanse.
- You know those winter days when you feel like nothing will ever hydrate your skin..this. This is THE cure. I put 1 pump of this into my normal moisturiser and my skin is glowing and hydrated all day. Absolute magic from Glossier, if the rest of their skincare is as good as this then someone hold me back from my wallet. The only product of its kind that I’ve ever come across and the packaging doesn’t upset me either.
- This magic potion is soothing and seems a bit meh until you wake up the next morning and your skin is balanced and soft. It’s a spray which I much prefer to a wipe on toner, smells really nice and does what a toner should, my skin tone is more even and soft. Probably wouldn’t repurchase on its own because its quite expensive, but I got this in a kit with a bunch of other Elemis bits and love it.
- Ok, so these next two are for angry skin, if I’ve been having a horrendous breakout and I need some extra product to help me pull through to the other side, these are those products. This is an essence so more watery than a serum but thicker than a toner, I put a bit in the palm of my hand and press into my skin all over, this really helps calm my skin and reduce redness.
- This award winning, beauty blogger favourite and I have been through some things. When I first bought this I was putting it on morning and night and was so excited for those results everyone raves about from this. I did not have that experience, my skin was overwhelmed by the oils and it broke me out so badly. It was only after watching some content from everyone’s favourite fairy skin-mother Caroline Hirons that I learnt if you’ve got a bad breakout you shouldn’t strip it, you should feed it. This felt quite odd at first but she explained if you’re breaking out that breakout needs nourishment. Find the post here (if there’s anyone I’d trust with my skin it’s this lady). So anyway back to the Kiehls, I started patting a thin layer of this on my skin overnight when I was trying to clear breakouts and it really did work wonders. When your skin is healing, it needs to be hydrated/nourished to produce strong new skin cells. To be blunt, if you’ve got a scabbed over spot it’s less likely to scar if it’s well hydrated.
- You know how they say your mum is always right? Well, in this case, mum I am sorry I didn’t listen to you sooner. This product is immense. My mum always described this as feeling like she could feel her skin sucking it all up as soon as she put it on, having finished another pot recently, she’s not wrong. I have combination skin so a lot of day creams and moisturisers don’t sit well under my foundation, this is a dream. Left my skin super velvety, soft and hydrated, I don’t think I’ll ever not have a pot of this around, so so good – believe the hype.
So there we have it! Not the most science-y skincare post in the world, but an honest review and how I’d recommend most of these products to my friends.